Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Most Anticipated Books of 2013

2013 is finally here and with it comes a crop of new books!  I have been seeing quite a few lists making the rounds of the most anticipated books of the new year and I wanted to share some of those with you.

BookPage has their list of the 20 most anticipated titles.  I'm intrigued by a few of these, namely The Love Song of Jonny Valentine and Schroder.  The Huffington Post has a terrific list of potential 2013 blockbusters.  NPR has some great info on 2013 releases as well as their favorite books from 2012.  Publishers Weekly always has new book announcements, too.

For a look back at 2012, check out the New York Times 10 Best Books of 2012.

There are several titles I cannot wait to read in 2013.  I am currently reading an advance copy of Ten White Geese by Gerbrand Bakker.  This title was actually published in 2010, but this is the first English translation.  I just finished reading A History of the Present Illness by Louise Aronson, slated for a late January release.  A full review of this will be published here soon, but I will tell you now that I was very impressed with this short story collection.  The Dinner by Herman Koch will be available in English for the first time later this year.  You should definitely put that on your list as it does not disappoint.  It is along the lines of The Good Father and We Need to Talk About Kevin, but this one had a bit more substance.  The Unchangeable Spots of Leopards, due for a late March release, is one of the best debut novels I have read in some time.  This could be an addition to the Coffee By the Book series later this year.

What books are you looking forward to in 2013?

No comments:

Post a Comment